The 132 visa is a permanent residency visa for applicants with successful business experience and financial capacity to invest in Australia.
You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must satisfy all the below minimum visa requirements. The relevant or territory government body may set requirements that are higher than these minimum requirements (e.g. see below NSW and Victoria state sponsorship requirements):
|State||Net assets to transfer (visa minimum requirements: A$1.5 million)||Business plan||Age (visa minimum requirements: must be under the age of 55)|
|NSW (Sydney)||must transfer at least A$3 million in funds to NSW (inclusive of A$1.5 million business investment)||minimum A$1.5 million in business investment and at least five new full time equivalent jobs|
|NSW (regional NSW)||must transfer at least A$2 million in funds to NSW (inclusive of A$1 million business investment)||minimum A$1million in business investment and at least three new full time equivalent jobs|
|Victoria||Net capital investment into the Victorian-based business will be at least A$2 million||You must undertake business activity that will provide an exceptional economic benefit to Victoria. Factors taken into account when assessing this exceptional economic benefit include, but are not limited to:
· introduction of new/improved technology
· job creation/retention
· expanding exports of value added goods and services
· introduction of new skills
· increasing competitiveness
· import replacement
· the particular industry sector involved
· the geographic location of the business.
Not all business activity is eligible for nomination. Exclusions include:
· passive investment
· general importing
· exporting of commodities and scrap metal
· small scale freight forwarding and warehousing
· smaller project-based property development.
If your proposed business activity relates to property development, you must meet the following additional requirements:
· have relevant qualifications and experience (e.g. architecture, engineering, construction management). Extensive relevant experience may substitute a qualification – this will be considered on a case by case basis
· the property development activity aligns with one of Victoria’s priority sector strategies external link
· the minimum A$2 million capital investment does not include land purchase costs, and
· the activity must not be small scale, project-based property development.
|Must be under the age of 55|
|Queensland||net business and personal assets of at least A$1.5 million to be transferred to Queensland within 2 years of your visa being granted, which includes a minimum of A$1 million for investment into a business and a minimum of A$500,000 for settlement costs|